Tsukiakari no Michishirube (ツキアカリのミチシルベ ) Piano Music

This post was meticulously filed under Piano on December 15, 2009 – 7:52 pm

Photobucket

It’s been awhile since I’ve transcribed any piano music and due to my love for Darker than Black I decided to transcribe the OP. The OP itself has taken a lot of flack, but I like it. The English translation of the title is something like Moonlight’s Guidepost (or the moonlight is a guidepost type of thing). I hope some piano players out there will enjoy the music. Without further ado.

Here’s the PDF

Tsukiakari No Michishirube

and here is the midi

re-uploaded, a bit faster Midi

If anyone does a youtube video of you playing this song let me know and I’ll put that up here as well :)!

Here’s the Stereopony Music Video of the whole song

Enjoy!

This entry was written by Dustin, filed under Piano and tagged , , , , , , .
Bookmark the permalink or follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.
Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

23 Comments

1. Jason posted on December 16, 2009 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Hmmm, I cannot really tell why the OP would take flak. I like it quite a bit too, and I actually think it quite an apt one.

And Good job on the transcription ;)

2. Dustin posted on December 16, 2009 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

Thanks!

I think it took flak because people liked the first one better (a general sentiment with regard to the second season).

3. Passerby posted on December 18, 2009 at 7:51 am | Permalink

Thanks for this. I’m a big fan of piano music myself.

The second season seems to cop flak for not being a clone of the first, it seems. Not that I’ve actually seen a lot of commentary on the series this season.

4. Dustin posted on December 18, 2009 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Np! I’m actually working pretty hard on it. I hope to have a Youtube video by the end of the month (but absolutely no promises to anyone reading this comment).

When you put it like that I suddenly feel like that is exactly what I didn’t want :). I do have complaints about the second season but generally I think they just screwed themselves by making it only 12 episodes. They should have done two episode arcs again. Right now everything is just too rushed. I’m actually really happy with the second season in other respects. They didn’t turn it into a magical girl series and the new characters didn’t take over the show. Now if they kill Yin I might take back all my likes of this season.

5. shadowahimsa posted on December 19, 2009 at 6:14 am | Permalink

Nicely done =] I love piano music.

If they kill Yin…I just can’t accept that.
    But I agree. They should have done the arcs again.

6. Dustin posted on December 19, 2009 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the encouragement.

I have my fingers crossed for next week.

7. cwy posted on December 30, 2009 at 12:24 am | Permalink

gd transcription. darker than black is 1 of my fav animes :D hope to put a utube vid for this transcription soon
    with proper citations of course :D

8. Dustin posted on December 30, 2009 at 12:39 am | Permalink

Oh you are so awesome! I would like to see it. I was going to put up a Youtube video myself, but I’m stuck at relatives with no keyboard (plus my camera sucks anyways). I’ll be looking forward to it. Just post another comment here or send me a message using the contact form under the contact me link at the top of the page.

9. COOLGUY posted on January 1, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

Nice Nice i like it alot
    just a thing though the midi sounds kinda slow or is it just me

10. Dustin posted on January 1, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Permalink

Hmm, I guess I’ll have to speed it up and reupload the midi.

Edit: Done (Is it fast enough now?)

11. aya hirano posted on January 3, 2010 at 10:09 am | Permalink

hi..i m kinda new 2 tis site…bt issit juz mi or whenever i clicked on de midi…it doesnt play @ all on windows media player?i even tried saving the file.de only song dat worked is honjitsu mankai wa nani iro

12. Dustin posted on January 3, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

It sounds like your computer can’t play midis as Honjitsu is the only Mp3 I have hosted here. However, I know for a fact that the newer versions of Windows Media Player can play midis. So I would suggest looking for updates and updating your version then trying again. My website uses a Quicktime plug in to stream them on site so downloading and installing iTunes + Quicktime would probably also serve your purpose.

And are you really Aya Hirano? :roll:

13. aya hirano posted on January 3, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

ic….thx a lot!i’ll giv it a try…haha…i aint rly aya hirano…juz a rly big fan of her=)

14. Dustin posted on January 3, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Permalink

Me Too :)!

15. Stormbreakz posted on January 5, 2010 at 4:54 am | Permalink

Nice transcribing of Tsukiakari no Michishirube. Juz curious how did you transcribe from mp3 to midi? And i feel that the first note of the song shld be middle C sharp? Jz an opinion. ;-)

16. Dustin posted on January 5, 2010 at 5:02 am | Permalink

I transcribed by Ear XP, and changed some parts up to make them sound ok on the piano. You’re probably right, but I’m not going to change it right now. There are a couple other places where I was trying stuff out with dissonance that just don’t quite work XD.

17. COOLGUY posted on January 5, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

lol its great thank you
    sorry for making you reupload
    thank you for such a nice transcription

18. Dustin posted on January 5, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

Oh, it wasn’t that big of a deal :cool: and you’re very welcome.

19. ShadeZ posted on January 6, 2010 at 4:55 am | Permalink

What program did u use to transcribe into midi and put them on PDF files?

20. Dustin posted on January 6, 2010 at 5:51 am | Permalink

Um, I used Melody Assistant to write the music. It exports to a bunch of different sound formats including Midi and then I print the sheets to PDF creator.

21. Mel posted on February 6, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

Cool. That was really good!
    Can you pleease transcribe Darker than Black’s
    ED 1 (Tsukiakari) in Piano and upload the midi? >o<''

22. Dustin posted on February 6, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

Tsukiakari has been transcribed already actually by Sperion no Sora. You can find it by clicking on that link. Parts of it might be a little impossible to play, but you figure out which parts you think are important. (I love that song too).

23. Dabookman posted on February 9, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

Well done!

Is about all I can say :) tsukiakari no michishirube is probably my favorite DTB opening, so it’s awesome to hear it played out on piano. I got chills (yes chills), nice work mate.